What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is a standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system. It helps businesses and organizations to be more efficient and improve customer satisfaction.
A new version of the standard, ISO 9001:2015, has just been launched, replacing the previous version (ISO 9001:2008).
ISO 9001: benefits
- Work in a more efficient way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the business or organization. This increases productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down.
- Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 before doing business.
- Identify and address the risks associated with your organization
What benefits does the new version bring ?
The new version of the standard brings the user a number of benefits.
- Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps address organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively
- Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
These requirements are called the STANDARD and each section is referred to as an ELEMENT
ISO 9001 compliance provides an environment which creates a well defined quality management program within your company. Quality management ensures that processes and services are carried out in a consistent and well controlled manner. Such consistency instills a high level of confidence in the company’s clients with regard to the products or services provided.
How does the standard apply to your company? Each individual company must look at the separate elements of the standard and decide how it affects their company and how the standard can be applied to their operation.
The ISO 9001-2015 standard includes requirements, or elements, of compliance specifically designed and developed for the manufacturing and service industries. As before, it may include the elements of Design control for the manufacturing industries but service industries will exclude these requirements when producing their systems.
WQA – APAC
Worldwide Quality Assurance – Asia Pasific
An Agency of Worldwide Quality Assurance Limited – UK
Graha ISKA 5th Floor, Jl Pramuka Raya No. 165
Central Jakarta, 10570 Indonesia
Phone : +6221 – 4260769, Hotline +628111496821 (Whatsapp)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org